Friday 17 April 2015

Whereat this Wheatear ?

This Wheatear was joyfully spotted as I walked from Denchworth to West Hanney along the bridle track that connects the two villages, and running to some one and a half miles between the two . A rather somewhat expired Buzzard was caught up in the hedgerow that bordered a small copse and one can only speculate as to the cause of death although my own guess is an accumulation of poisons from the prey it has fed on as I do know the shooting folk on this ground are keen on their raptors and do not persecute them. About twenty Skylark were noted and I have also posted photos of a fleeting visit to Lynch Hill Wednesday where I encountered Snow Geese and Red Crested Pochard.
The Feather.



No comments:

Post a Comment

On The Blink.

 In fact the Mega sighting has been giving amazing views, often keeping one eye open and one eye closed. This American Common Nighthawk loca...