Tuesday 27 January 2015

Beating- A bit of Bully

It was beaters day at Carswell Marsh today and I could have taken my twelve bore along and had a shot or two but I find no pleasure in killing animals for fun in fact it seems wrong. Nevertheless I have many friends who do shoot and it is for them to live with their own conscience, and so in the interests of access to a pretty good site I took part wandering and then standing on stop for several hours with of course camera and bins at the ready.
A party of Bullfinch some half dozen in number were feeding on Ash Keys and also noted were four Buzzard, three Red Kite, four Hares, one Roebuck assorted small flocks of Fieldfare and another beater expressed his disappointment that I was unable to photograph the pair of Tawny Owls that he had good close views of due to my being on a different part of the marsh.
The Oxon Feather.
 Bullfinch
 Roe deer at full pelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On The Blink.

 In fact the Mega sighting has been giving amazing views, often keeping one eye open and one eye closed. This American Common Nighthawk loca...