Friday 8 September 2017

Flyer

Birding has been quite flat this year with a rather poor breeding season in my view and I suppose the weather has played its part and no doubt the mega - efficient pesticides that are the cause of the deaths of so many of our small farmland birds that rely on this important link in the food chain especially in their early days of life.
The only bird of note recently and seen flying high over my garden at Bampton was Raven but a walk from Stanford in the Vale Thursday 7th gave me a couple of common Dragonflies and a quite striking Noon Fly mesembrina meridian .
The Bird Fair was marvellous and a couple of talks by Ian Newton most interesting as was the super moth identification put on by the Lewington brothers and one other whose name I have managed to forget , I even spotted Bill Oddie as he shuffled by me.
The Feather.



No comments:

Post a Comment

On The Blink.

 In fact the Mega sighting has been giving amazing views, often keeping one eye open and one eye closed. This American Common Nighthawk loca...