This Wheatear was joyfully spotted as I walked from Denchworth to West Hanney along the bridle track that connects the two villages, and running to some one and a half miles between the two . A rather somewhat expired Buzzard was caught up in the hedgerow that bordered a small copse and one can only speculate as to the cause of death although my own guess is an accumulation of poisons from the prey it has fed on as I do know the shooting folk on this ground are keen on their raptors and do not persecute them. About twenty Skylark were noted and I have also posted photos of a fleeting visit to Lynch Hill Wednesday where I encountered Snow Geese and Red Crested Pochard.
The Feather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On The Blink.
In fact the Mega sighting has been giving amazing views, often keeping one eye open and one eye closed. This American Common Nighthawk loca...
-
In the carhide and motoring to one of my Tree Sparrow sites, after driving through Clanfield turned right onto the road leading to Buscot/L...
-
A few more photos of the Yellow Wagtail with the blueish head and a rather confiding Skylark. The Oxon Feather. ...
-
On top of the World this evening after climbing Lark Hill and arriving high above Wantage to look for the rather exciting Wryneck that has ...
No comments:
Post a Comment